Finally! I started knitting off the edge of the FCSquare on Saturday. Very exciting. But man,... this is going to take a while. Knit about 10 stitches, flip the blob, knit about 10 more, flip it again, etc. I tried knitting backwards on a few rows to get around the flipping part, but I found (for me anyway) that it's six of one, half dozen of the other in terms of efficiency. It seems the best way for me to knit off the row the regular way is with the yarn in my right hand, and then backwards with my yarn in the left hand. So I'm left with either flipping the blob, or switching the working yarn from hand to hand,...
Whatever, it's all good.
This evening, the grand plan is to get working on a DIY blocking board. With the move to the new house, I lost my little expanse of carpeting which was perfect for blocking. So we stopped at the lumberyard on Sunday and bought some homosote. I had the nice lumber yard guy cut me two 3' x 4' pieces -- I'll post some blow-by-blow pics of my project as I complete it.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!