1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? --> I guess i'm a yarn snob. I definitely prefer a natural fiber yarn with a pleasing hand over an acrylic that squeeks, if you know what I mean.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? --> I'm a lapsed spinner -- my wheel and spinning paraphernalia are in storage. I know how to crochet as well, but generally only use it for finishing my knitting ;)
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) --> Hate smoke, and strong perfume/cologne and cats make me sneeze. Angora also makes me sneeze a bit but generally I suck it up since it's so soft and yummy,...
4. How long have you been knitting? --> My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was five, but I started knitting again on a daily basis about three years ago.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? --> Amazon wish list under sequinK
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) --> lavender, mint, rose, citrus -- nothing too sweet,...
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? --> Not a huge one -- sugar goes straight to my head and makes me wonky!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? --> My fiancee and I bought a house this past fall, so I'm all about around the house project these days. Today, for example, we're in the kitchen repainting some cupboards and installing some pocket lights over the sink. I've also been known to make jewelry (beading and wirework) and sew on occasion.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). --> I like a variety of music. Lately I've been listening to 80s modern rock, world music lite (putamayo label stuff -- asian groove and latin groove rocks!), and bit of dance / techno / trip hop. I have an iPod so I have a fair amount of music on my computer.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? --> I don't have a favorite color, really, but for clothes and knitting projects I generally gravitate towards the darker and richer -- ruby reds, dark blues, charcoal and black.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? --> I live with my fiancee -- no kids, no pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) --> They change depending on the day!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? --> No clear winner, but I love the sproingy-ness of koigu KPPPM, the yummy softness of calmer, and the drape, texture and color of silk garden.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? --> Novelty yarns, cheap acrylics and stuff that sheds/pills incessantly.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? --> I've been on a bit of a shawl kick for the past few months, but I woudn't call it an obsession.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? --> Shawls and sweaters.
17. What are you knitting right now? --> a lacy stole and a few sweaters.
18. What do you think about ponchos? --> A fun look but way played out.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? --> Circulars all the way.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? --> Addis and bamboos.
21. Are you a sock knitter? --> I don't wear socks much myself, but I make them from time to time for my guy.
22. How did you learn to knit? --> My mom taught me when I was around five years old. I distinctly remember knitting with hot pink aluminum needles while watching Sesame Street.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? --> I'll take the fifth on that,...
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? --> Hello Kitty
25. What is your favorite holiday? --> Thanksgiving.
26. Is there anything that you collect? --> Besides yarn and knitting books? My house isn't that big so I have to control myself.